Friday, May 4, 2018

Nail Crazies Unite - Pastel Watercolor

Hey there!  Today's Nail Crazies Unite theme is a pretty one (I know this because I've already checked out a couple of the manis that ladies have done for it).  We're doing pastel watercolours.  There's so many ways to do watercolor nails and, honestly, I think they're all beautiful.  I personally wend with just thinning out polish with acetone (and making sure I have lots of top coat on my base so I didn't eat right through it).  It's so quick and easy and creates pretty results.  And you can control how bright or pale you want the color!



I used all Rica polishes for these.  I started with 2 coats of White Out and a healthy layer of top coat.  Then I did the watercolor effect with  acetone-thinned Mellow Yellow, Ain’t It Peachy, Summer Mint, Pinky Promise, Sugar Plum Wings and Robin’s Egg Blue. 


Then I did the stamping with Messy Mansion MM31 and MM42 with Rica Blackout and finished with Tonic top coat.  Easy!   



That's really about all I can say about these.  I do love this technique.  Tonight I'm hoping to do another watercolour-style look but with jelly polishes.  Cross your fingers for me that it turns out!  I've had no nail time lately and need some good results!  

'Til next time...


No comments: