Friday, April 6, 2018

Nail Crazies Unite - Modern Art

Hey there!  Today's Nail Crazies Unite prompt was Modern Art.  I'm the first to admit that I don't know the first thing about art.  Like seriously, not a thing.  I must've googled "modern art" 100 times to find inspiration for these.  Eventually I did find a picture I liked but my mani turned out quite different.  I ended up with a crazy Jackson Pollock-esque design with a billion layers of stamping.  Wow, this intro is full of hyperbole, isn't it?  There might not be a billion layers but there is A LOT!



Here's the photo I used for inspiration.  I loved the splatter look over the marbled background.  But mine ended up just being lots of splatter stamping.

image source
The base blue I used here is OPI Super Trip-i-cal-i-fiji-istic (a lovely opaque blue creme).  And then I got to the stamping...


For the splatter stamping I used images from a bunch of Lina Nail Art Supplies Make Your Mark Plates: #01, 02, 04 and 06.  The polishes used for stamping were MDU Turquoise, Violet, Lilac, Yellow, Red Wine, Navy Blue, Orange, Avocado and White.  Pretty much covers the rainbow and then some.  They were finished with HK Girl top coat.



There's no inlinkz yet but if one pops up, I'll post it here right away so you can find all the modern art manis from this week.   Hope you all have a swell weekend!

'Til next time...



No comments: