Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Continents - North America

Hey there!  So I'm starting this post by admitting to my ignorance.  As a Canadian, you'd think I'd know some stuff about North America, today's continent for the Digit-al Dozen's Continent week.  Well, it turns out I don't!  I honestly thought that North America consisted entirely of Canada, USA and Mexico.  Just to double check I just googled and I was so wrong.  According to Wikipedia, there's a whole bunch of much warmer locales that are also part of North America.  Though, to be fair, NAFTA does seem to only involve the big three so I'll blame economics on my geographical naivete.  But I still like my idea of unifying our three countries.  Lately it feels like everything is so divided but we're all neighbours.  We should be best buddies!



This mani is a mix of stamping and freehand.  There's lots of American plates and a few maple leafs out there on plates now but I don't think I had anything with the Mexican flag on it so I had to wing it (no pun intended).  These all started with a base of KBShimmer Eyes White Open.  Then the stamping started...


The maple leaf is from Clear Jelly Stamper CJS LC-08 (a Canadian maker...hooray) stamped in Mundo de Unas Red.  For the American flag I used the handy UberChic Beauty Fourth of July layered flag in Mundo de Unas Blue and Red.  For the Mexican part of this mani I attempted to freehand the eagle with OPI Jade Is The New Black, Suzi Says Da!, I’m Sooo Swamped, The “IT” Color and Zoya Flynn.


Then I tried to distress the edges of the flags to bring them together.  It actually made it look terribly messy but you get the idea :-)


Now I'm wondering if I'm the only one who didn't know that North America actually consists of just our three countries.  I really hope I'm not alone!  I bet my friends of the DD knew.  Maybe some of them are doing North American nails.  Let's find out in the links below.  

'Til next time...




No comments: