Monday, March 20, 2017

Mani Swap with @nailmachine

Hey there!  Recently a fabulous nail artist, @nailmachine,  asked on Instagram if anyone would be up for a mani swap.  I'm a big fan of Kimberlyn's so I jumped at the chance to try my hand at doing one of her manis.  I scrolled through her feed and ended up picking a really recent design of hers that I thought I might be able to handle - these freehand roses.  And in turn she picked a freehand floral of mine.  Great minds think alike!  In the collage below, the originals are on the left and the recreations are on the left.  I think we did pretty darn good!



For my version of the roses, I used mostly KBShimmer polishes.  I recently completed my collection of all KBShimmer's cremes so they worked out perfect here.  



The base colors were white (Eyes White Open) or blue (Low & Be Bold).  The flowers were done with Chilly Pepper, with some parts mixed with white to make pink.  The leaves were Honeydew List and a bit of OPI Jade Is The New Black.  And the blue dots are Low & Be Bold mixed with white.  


To finished I topped with Clearly On Top and added the bits of gold striping tape. I think I even managed to get the tape straight!  


That's all for today.  If you don't already follow Kimberlyn on Instagram, I highly suggest you remedy that now.  All her art is superb! 

'Til next time...


No comments: