Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthday - Unicorn Wood

Hey there!  For the last few months, the Digit-al Dozen ladies have informally celebrated each other's birthdays by doing a group mani inspired by a piece of art picked by the birthday girl(s).  Amber of Nails Like Lace is the only October birthday girl and she picked such a photo we are referring to as "unicorn wood".  Keep reading to see the inspiration and how I did my look.



Here's the photo Amber picked.  Isn't this cool?  I wish all trees looked like this!  


For these I used the pipe dream polish Mellowed Out Cremes collection.  I used a base of Unwind to give everything a beige look and then randomly painted on the rest of the colors in a watercolor fashion by thinning them out with acetone. 


I added some sparkle with an old topper called I Only Have Ice For You from KBShimmer.  This has always been one of my favourite toppers so I'm glad I grabbed it when I could.  


You know I love showing my less-than-perfect nails but I ended up screwing this one up so bad by adding some brown distressing to try to give it a wood grain look.  Oh man it was bad!  Looked like I had streaked poop onto a pretty rainbow and yet I ended up wearing it for days since I didn't have time to change it.  I won't even subject you to the final outcome since I'm trying to forget it.  


I'll end by saying happy belated birthday to Amber and thank you for picking out such a fun inspiration!  Hooray for glittery rainbows!

'Til next time...



No comments: