Friday, October 7, 2016

UberChic Beauty Halloween-02 Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Well it's October so I'm allowing myself some Halloween nails, starting with this review of UberChic Beauty's second Halloween stamping plate.  Her first Halloween plate was a hit and I think this one will be too.  I've never had issues with UberChic's plates so I always jump at the opportunity to review them.  This plate was easy to work with, as always.  I've done four manis to kick off Halloween season which you can read about below.  


UberChic Beauty's regular stamping plates are 9.5 x 14 cm.  The full size images measure approximately 17 x 21 mm but there's also a handful of smaller images.  I think the only small images that might be a problem for some nails is the "Happy Halloween" wording that might be too wide.  Boo to long words we want to fit on our nails!  The plate has everything from pumpkins (including a layered jack-o-lantern image which is pure genius" to bats to spiders and much more.  I personally love that she put some smaller sugar skull images on this plate since the images on the Sugar Skulls plate were quite large.  Now everyone can fit some pretty skulls on their nails.  


I want to try really hard to not do all my nails identically so that was my goal with this first mani.  I did two accent nails.  For this I used all pipe dream polish shades (Harlequin, Tabanca, Cha-Ching! and Atrament).  The stamping and filling is Mundo de Unas Bones (couldn't resist using that one) and Black.  The eyes and nose of the skull were a bit challenging to fill in on the stamper because they kept lifting off when I touched them - good when you're trying to stamp, bad when trying to fill.  



My second mani is a typical jack-o-lantern mani but I feel like I haven't done one in years.  I used Sally Hansen Pumpkin Queen and Lightening sponged over Color Club French Tip and stamped with Mundo de Unas Black.  



My third mani mixes holidays since I used Parrot Polish Santa Glow as my base.  I wish I had gotten a better glow in the dark photo to share with you guys.  It was pretty cool!  This is way I love that UberChic always includes some negative space images - so you can do things like glowing spiders.  



And lastly I did a Halloween french manicure.  I used Essie Vanity Fairest and did the stamping and tips with Turbulence (previously reviewed here).  You probably wouldn't notice that this is Halloween-themed unless you looked closely so this might be a good idea for those of you who can't have crazy nails but still want to be seasonal.  



That's all for today.  For anyone that needs to fulfill some Halloween stamping needs, this is the plate for you.  I'm definitely not putting it away until at least November 1st.  UberChic Beauty's links can be found below.  While you're there, check out her latest releases...there's a new collection, mermaid and Thanksgiving plates and a to-die-for texture mini plate.  


$14.99/plate
Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...



No comments: