Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Vampy: Drip Nail Art

Hey there!  For the second Digit-al Dozen Vampy day, I had an idea that a lot of us seem to have shared - blood drips.  It's pretty hard to not think of vampires with this theme so it's not surprising that some of us have red drip manicures to go with the theme.  I made mine a bit textured which was fun to wear but not fun to let dry.



My base for these was two coats of Cirque Hatch.  I wanted there to be a real difference in texture between the drips and the base so I mattified it with KBShimmer Oh Matte!  


The drips were done with Picture Polish Vampire (the obvious choice for me) mostly with a dotting tool.  I used a lot of it to make it opaque (it's a jelly finish polish) and to make it more 3D.  Waiting for that to dry without messing it up was challenging.  


I'm still not sure if I should have done the drips from the cuticle or the tips down.  I think I'm still glad I did it this way because I didn't have to clean red out of my ragged cuticle skin.  


That's all for these.  Thanks for stopping by.  To see more drips and lots of other Vampy looks, check out the other ladies in the links below.  

'Til next time...








No comments: