Friday, September 2, 2016

Color Club Stamping Plate Review with 40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Lemon/Peach

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I have a review of a few of the stamping plates from Color Club's new line that I was sent by Color4Nails.  It's always fun to try out new brands of stamping plates and, for today's post, I even snuck in this week's 40 Great Nail Art Idea prompts.  This week we're doing "lemon/peach" and I was given the personal prompt of "tribal".  It just so happens that one of the plates I was sent was the Africa plate which has tons of great tribal images.  I was also sent Flower and Puzzle and, while I really like a lot of the images that these Color Club plates have to offer, the Africa plate is probably my favourite of the three.  Keep reading to see the manis I came up with along with a more extensive swatch stick test that I did.



These plates measure 6.5 x 12 cm and each has 12 images that are 18 x 25 mm.  The images are directly side by side so there's no wasted space on these plates.  They have white plastic backing so you don't need to worry about cutting yourself.  And, interestingly, they're gold instead of the average silver color.  I don't think that makes a difference but it's kind of cool.  And the line is huge.  Currently Color4Nails has 47 different plates available.  You can find them all here.  



To use the Africa plate, I used my 40 Great Nail Art Ideas prompts for this week.  I did a gradient of China Glaze Peachy Keen and Lemon Fizz (the color prompts are right in the polish names, haha) over white and stamped one of the tribal images with Mundo de Unas Copper.  Even the fine lines and dots transferred easily with this image which is a win.  I wore this one for a couple days, I liked it so much.    





To try out the Flower plate, I first did some tone-on-tone stamping with Mrs. P's Potions Hemlock over OPI I'm Sooo Swamped using my trusty old Messy Mansion stamper.  This first image did give me a few problems but nothing horrendous.  Then I did some advanced stamping with Mundo de Unas Black and Mrs. P's Potions Turbulence and Tootsie and a clear stamper.  





The puzzle plate has both puzzle AND maze images (which are another form of brain puzzles...I just figured that out now).  Puzzle images are used a lot for Autism awareness manis but I wanted to try something a bit different and make a completely different look into a puzzle.  I used a set of water decals that I've had for ages and stamped one of the puzzles with Mudno de Una Black.  I wore this one for a full mani too.  My Color Club plates got a lot of wear that week.    



Lastly, because I had read that some other had had some problems getting good images from these plates, I tried different stamping polish (Girly Bits, Mrs. P's Potions, Messy Mansion, Rica) and different stampers (original Konad, Creative Shop, UberChic Beauty Medium Non-Sticky, FabUrNails).  The only ones that I really had issue with were the images from the Flower plate.  There was more gaps in these images and the fine image (the third one shown) was really problematic.  Other than that, these plates all worked for the combinations I tested.    


If you're interested in these plates, they are all currently available on Color4Nails for $10 each.  While you're there, you can also browse all the awesome indie polishes that they distribute.  I just got my most recent order today and I can't wait to use my new polishes.  And follow them on Facebook and Instagram for all the latest news.  

'Til next time...



No comments: