Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does August Birthdays: Pop Art Nails

Hey there!  The Digit-al Dozen has started a new tradition to celebrate each other's birthdays.  Each month, the birthday girls will join up and pick a piece of art to inspire our nails.  Unfortunately I had to miss last month but I'm in for this month.  This month, it is our friends Amanda from Lady Maid Nails and Tamara from Canadian Nail Art Fantatic (my fellow Canadians!) who are celebrating.  Happy birthday ladies!  I hope it turns out to be a great year for you!



First, here's the inspiration photo that was chosen.  I love pop art so I really liked that they picked this one!


As for my interpretation, I started with a white base and then just went to down with acrylic paint.  I certainly missed a lot of the details but it was still fun to do.  


I ended up finishing with Essie Matte About You, partially because I was at the cabin and my lights without a light box made a super glare that made it unreadable.  But the matte look definitely works for this design so I like it.  


Thanks for stopping by.  And once again, happy birthday Amanda and Tamara!  

'Til next time...









No comments: