Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Fashion - Swirl Dress

Hey there!  Today's Digit-al Dozen Fashion Week post is another dress I found while searching Pinterest for ideas.  I absolutely love the pattern on this fabric...possibly because it gave me an excuse to do a technique that I recently heard of.  The water marble queen, My Simple Little Pleasures on YouTube, published a technique that she called a drip marble last month and it is awesome!  You can create some super cool patterns relatively easily.  You can find her video here.



The polishes I used in my drip marble were Pure Ice Superstar! Essie In The Cab-ana, Essie Aruba Nights, Zoya Muse and Sinful Colors Black On Black.  I used a lot of white since I didn't want to overwhelm it and mess up the color palette of the dress too much.  


I used two cottage cheese container lids to swirl the drops of polish around.  Thankfully I like cottage cheese because it keeps me in nail art pallettes!  


Once that was all swirled and dry, I peel it off, cut them up and applied them over Pure Ice Superstar! like decals.  At the tips you can see where I didn't apply them perfectly but I doubt anyone would notice that in real life.  


I think it looks even better close up since you can see a tiny bit of sparkle.  Remind me to try this with a more glittery polish soon!


This mani was my favourite from the week.  Unfortunately my final two are kinda crap so I hope these make up for them, haha!  The rest of the group is doing some killer designs this week.  You can find their Day 3 looks down below.  

'Til next time...





No comments: