Monday, March 14, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Spring: Rain and Umbrellas

Hey there!  It's time again for my favourite week of the month - The Digit-al Dozen week!  With the first day of spring being this upcoming Sunday, it's appropriate that this month we're celebrating spring.  While I love the idea that it'll be summer soon, I realized my outlook on the actual spring season is way less cheerful than most people's.  I laugh at my inate Eeyore-ness that seeing spring as just grey and muddy instead of seeing it as a season of new beginnings like the rest of the world does.      Because of this, a couple of my designs this week focus on the less fun parts of spring like these raindrops and umbrellas but at least the colors are cheerful!



To do these I started with a base of two coats of Glitter Gal Tart Yourself Up (such a creamy, opaque blue) that I stamped with the raindrops from Born Pretty Store BP-L013 with Mundo de Unas Sky Blue.  


The umbrellas are also from a Born Pretty plate, BP-L022.  The made decals with Mundo de Unas White and Yellow for them.  


The final step was adding a coat of Essie Matte About You to mattify it.  


Now let's see what the rest of the gal have done for the first day of our spring week.  

'Til next time...



No comments: