Thursday, October 8, 2015

UberChic Beauty Sugar Skulls -01 Stamping Plate Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Since Halloween season is upon us (just look at the stores if you don't believe me) I thought it'd be a good time to review UberChic Beauty's Sugar Skulls stamping plate.  I will admit that I know very little about what sugar skulls represent since they're not common up here in common but I do find they make for fabulous nail art!   



Below is a scan of the Sugar Skulls plate that I received.  This plate has the regular UberChic Beauty dimensions of 9.5 x 14.5 cm but it differs from the other UC plates in it's layout.  This plate only has one "classic" full nail image of 17 x 21 mm, instead it's composed of a variety of sized images scattered over the plate.  The designs on this plate are really stunning.  They're very intricate but the etching it perfect.  I was quite worried that they would be too large for my nails which usually measure 1 cm x 1.5 cm but I tried a few of the smaller images and they fit really nicely.  I think if I played a bit more with it I could get some cool partial images or across nail designs.  Good thing there's still over 3 weeks until Halloween/Day of the Dead. 


I have to start by apologizing for the INSANE number of bubbles in the manis I did with this plate.  I think the top coat I was using that day was bubble city and I didn't notice until I put the photos on my computer.  Grrrrr!  

For the both manis I did a combination of reverse leadlighting and stamping decals.  For the roses of the first one I used a black base of A England Camelot, stamped with white and then used a couple of 10.1 Polish's Icing polishes (Kiwi Delight and Vampire Red) to color the images.

 For the girl I made a stamping decal with Mundo de Unas Black and filled the image with Rica Whiteout, KBShimmer My Life's Porpoise, Zoya Louise, Mundo de Unas Green and China Glaze With Love.  She was applied over My Life's Porpoise. 


The second mani is more of a classic sugar skull look.  Again I used A England Camelot as a base but this time all the images were applied as decals with Mundo de Unas Black (skulls) or White (swirly designs).  The skulls were filled in with Rica Whiteout before being applied. 

For this time I randomly applied sheer polishes (Esmaltes da Kelly Soap Bubbles in Soft Azul, Laranja, Rosa and Roxo) before finishing with top coat.  

 Again, I apologize for the bubbles and hope you can see the beauty of this plate through them.  If you're interested in getting this plate for the holidays, you can follow the link below.   

Price: $14.99/plate 
Available on UberChic Beauty's website

'Til next time...


No comments: