Monday, October 12, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Autumn - Day 1 Canadian Thanksgiving

Hey there!  It's time for this month's Digit-al Dozen week!  This month we've picked Autumn as our theme.  Since today is Thanksgiving Day up here in Canada I thought I'd do something that reminded me of Thanksgiving.  I kept googling "Thanksgiving" and coming up with warm photos of pumpkins and sunflowers so these are my Thanksgiving nails...without a turkey to be found!



I started with a base of two coats of Picture Polish Demeter.  I picked this polish because: 1. Demeter is the goddess of the harvest (very Thanksgiving appropriate) and 2. this is Harlow & Co.'s collaboration shade and since Harlow is a Canadian stockist, they're likely celebrating Thanksgiving today too.  Lastly I picked it because it's absolutely gorgeous!


I sponged on a bit of Nfu Oh Oro to give it that warm, glowing feeling.  Then I used acrylic paints to paint on the pumpkins and sunflowers.  


Lastly I finished it with Essie Matte About You.  I was so torn about whether the glossy or matte version was better but I went with matte simply to cut down on photo glare.  



So to finish this first day of Autumn week, I want to wish Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians!  Hope you have time in between bites of turkey to check out what the other ladies have brought us for their first Autumn manis!

'Til next time...


No comments: