Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Food - Day 4 Cupcake Nails

Hey there!  I know I just did cookies for yesterday' post for The Digit-al Dozen's Food/Snacks week so it might seem like I'm trying to give you cavities by posting cupcakes today.  But it's my sister's birthday on Monday and I wanted to do my nails for her with this theme.  She loves making cupcakes (always vanilla, never chocolate...boo!) so I did these with her two favourite nail colors, mint and pink.  Variations on this look have been done a lot and I have NO clue who the original was (if you know, please pass it on so I can give them credit).  And it's no wonder they're so popular.  They're easy and cute!



For these I used Rica Summer Mint, Pinky Promise and Whiteout.  On the cupcake nails, I used OPI Barre My Soul, for a pseudo-negative space look.


These were so easy, as far as freehanded nail art goes.  All you need is a striping brush and a couple different sizes of dotting tools.  It was especially easy because these polishes of Rica are so opaque that they can be used for stamping polishes so they're always great for nail art.  And of course a quick dry top coat helps.  As always, I used HK Girl.



So I'll end with wishing Brilene an early happy birthday.  Love you kiddo!  

The Inlinkz below can bring you to all the other food nails that The Digit-al Dozen has brought us today.  Check them out!

'Til next time...


No comments: