Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday Stamping - Reptile Skin Nails

Hey there!  This week's Sunday stamping challenge theme is Snakeskin & Other Reptiles.  I do love scaly stamping patterns.  For this time around I used a pattern I hadn't tried before.  I'm not sure what reptile the pattern is meant to be but I was thinking of it as a "disco snake" since this is way more sparkly and colourful than any reptile I've ever seen in real life.  Maybe it's a sparkly chameleon!



FUN Lacquer's latest collection has a few multicolour-shifting glitters (in holo and non-holo versions) that are meant to be worn over black.  I bought all three of the non-holo ones.  The one I used today is Edgy and I was pretty enthralled with it's shiftiness.  It's green and blue and purple and even red at extreme angles.  I used two coats over A England Camelot here.


For the stamping, I used a holographic polish, A England Encore Margot, to make the stamping a bit subtle and even more sparkly.  The stamping image is from Winstonia's Hunter's Life plate.  I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a snake or a fish or something else but it's definitely something scaly so it fit with the theme.



I had forgotten to take a macro shot of Edgy before I did the stamping but you can still see how cool this duochrome glitter is here.  Pretty neat eh?


'Til next time...

No comments: