Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Childhood: Day 4 Sesame Street Nails

Hey there! Sesame Street has been around a LONG time.  According to Wikipedia it first aired in 1969 so it's been part of generations of childhoods so I obviously had to use the FUN 11 stamping plate with the Sesame Street characters for part of the Digit-al Dozen's Childhood week.  I remember watching Sesame Street every day when I was little.  Personally my favourite character is Count von Count but he didn't get a stamping image so I guess Oscar the Grouch is my favourite one here.



I wanted to put these on a kinda cool base so I made a brick wall by first using OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh then sponging on some Zoya Pepper and Revlon Dominate and then a bit more DYEAVG to tone down the color a bit.  Over that I stamped with Bundle Monster BM-422 with Revlon Dominate to create the bricks.


As I mentioned, the characters come from FUN 11 with decals filled in with acrylic paint.  Above is how the mani looked glossy, with HK Girl.  Below is it matted with Essie Matte About You.


Count von Count might be my favourite Sesame Street character but my all-time favourite Sesame Street clip can be found right here.  I was always so excited when it was on an episode.  FYI it was still being included in the 80's episodes and I highly recommend checking it out!



You can see what the other Digit-al Dozen artists have done this week by checking out the links below.

'Til next time...



No comments: