Friday, January 9, 2015

Necklace-Inpsired Meteorite Nail Art

Hey there!  Happy Friday guys!  I thought I'd throw together a really quick post to show off the necklace that my lovely sister bought me for Christmas this year.  A few weeks ago the Adventures In Stamping Sunday theme was "My Christmas Wishlist On My Nails".  My wishlist consisted of only this necklace so I stamped a shooting star over Picture Polish Midnite Meteor here.  Well it turns out that my sis knows me so well that she had already ordered the necklace (that has a piece of a real meteorite on it!) even before I even mentioned it.  What a girl!  

So this week I wanted to try a freehand meteor mani but this time over Picture Polish Cosmos.  And that's what we have here.  The first photo even has the famous necklace.



I started with a base of two coats of Picture Polish Cosmos.  I think this might have been my first Picture Polish - the one that started the obsession.  Yet I don't think I've ever swatched it on the blog so here it is.  It looks just like a clear night sky.  



I then used acrylic paint to add a horizon, some stars and a meteor.  Unfortunately what was supposed to be a harmless shooting star looks more like an earth-destroying asteroid.  Luckily my nails do not have the ability to predict the future!


That's all for today.  Have a great weekend!  And, Bri, if you read this, thank you again!  Love you!

'Til next time...






No comments: