Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Lovebird Nail Stamping and Parrot Polish Blue Macaw

Hey there!  I'm taking a break from Christmas nail art for today to show you some lovebird stamping I did over a new-to-me indie brand, Parrot Polish.  I heard about Parrot Polish in a Facebook group, particularly about their stellar customer service and I have to say that it wasn't exaggerated.  Dave from Parrot Polish emailed me shortly after I placed my order with a tracking number and followed up to make sure I received the package and to make sure everything was good.  I was most excited for this polish, Blue Macaw so this is the first one I used from my order but I'm sure you'll be seeing other Parrot Polish colors on my little blog in the future.



Here's a swatch of two coats of Parrot Polish Blue Macaw with HK Girl top coat.  Isn't it gorgeous?  It's just like the color of a tropical sea.  And the golden shimmer in it gives it a almost-duochrome look.  Since it is pretty metallic, it does show some brushstrokes but, as usual, those look more prominent in photos than in real life.  




The blue color also reminded me of the color of the tail feathers of an old pet I had for 10 years.  He (or she...I never knew but I always thought of him as a boy) was a lovebird so I used MoYou London Tropical-06 to make a lovebird stamping decal with Mundo de Unas Black and Reddish, filled in with Rica Summer Mint and Mundo de Unas White.  My decal got a bit wrinkled but I still liked it.


Then I stamped a feather-like image, also from MoYou London Tropical-06 using Rica Summer Mint and finished it off with HK Girl top coat.


And just because I miss my little guy, he's a photo of Bird many Christmases ago just chilling on the tree.  Isn't he cute?  And aren't his under feathers the exact color of this polish?  Everyone was scared of him (including my Nana's dogs when I lived with her) but he was my buddy. When I decided I wanted a bird the salesperson told me that if you get two they bond with each other but if you get one they'll bond with their owner and I think that's true because he didn't bite at me like he did everyone else.  That's not to say he actually listened when I would try to get him back in his cage.  He was stubborn.  Maybe that's why I always thought of him as a boy, haha!


'Til next time...







No comments: