Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Powder Perfect Swatches

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I have four shades from a new-to-me indie Aussie brand, Powder Perfect that Color4Nails launched today.  I'm sure I've said it before but the Australians must have some sort of nail polish magic over there because this brand is on par with the other great Aussie indies.  Follow the jump to see my full swatches of these beauties.


Powder Perfect is a 5-free, vegan handmade brand...all kind of good things!  I'll start by saying that I had no problems whatsoever with application of any of the four polishes I'm showing today.  Each swatch shows two coats plus top coat.

Fog Is Rolling In - The first word I thought of to describe this polish is eerie which is funny because I now see the same description on the Color4Nails website.  In my experience Fog Is Rolling In is a shimmery duochrome that shifts mainly from purple to teal.  The website description also says it has a mauve shift but I honestly didn't really see that.  Unfortunately I can never seem to catch the color shifts as strong as they look in real life so you'll have to take my word for it that I was pretty mesmerized by this polish.  In the macro shot, the two colors are much more apparent. 



Deceptively Sweet - The name of this polish just suits it so perfectly.  It's a sweet lilac crelly but when you look closely, it's packed with fine gold and darker purple micro pieces.  The gold adds a pretty shimmer to it while the darker purple adds another dimension that isn't particularly noticeable at first glance but that really does add to the overall look of the polish.  I think this one is my favourite of the ones I tried.  It's formula was a bit thicker than the others but still applied great.  



Jealousy - Jealously is a deep raspberry linear holo.  With the surge of holo polishes on the market I find that a lot of them don't really have a great rainbow payoff but Jealousy has a great holographic effect.  The first two photos below are in my light box and the holo is still very strong but check out the third photo which is taken in direct light.  Whoa!




Remember Dreaming - This one is a Color4Nails exclusive.  This is a blue crelly with all sort of glitter - magenta circles and hexes, red hexes, turquoise hexes and shards.  I like that there's no an overwhelming number of colors for the glitters.  I especially like how the turquoise glitter is noticable but fits really well with the blue base color.  This shade of blue reminded me so much of The Smurfs!  And now I realize that maybe not everyone will get the reference but if you Google them I bet you'll agree.   



These and many other Powder Perfect shades are available from Color4Nails for $10-11 each for a 13 mL bottle.  Be sure to follow Color4Nails on social media to keep up to date on these and the other great brands they carry.


'Til next time...



No comments: