Friday, November 28, 2014

Matte Stamped Gradient Nails

Hey there!  Let me start with saying a belated Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the US.  I hope you're all stuffed with turkey and enjoying the insane Black Friday sales I hear you guys have down there.  Black Friday is just starting to be a thing up here in Canada but since there was a massive snowstorm here yesterday (around 30 cm or 12 inches in one day) I'm too scared to drive to the mall to see what's on sale.  But I did buy a couple small things online.

Now onto today's mani.  This is one I did a few weeks ago when it first got cold but it kept getting neglected when it came to posting even though I loved it.  It has a bit of everything... Gradient? Yes.  Glitter topper?  Yes.  Stamping?  Yes.  And mattified?  Yes!  Keep reading to see all the steps.




I think I have way too many pictures in this post because I liked how every step of it looked.  The first step was a gradient of Sally Hansen Black Out over OMGhost.  I always like a simple black and white gradient.  



Then I added a coat of Picture Polish Splash, a sparse blue glitter topper, and mattified it with Essie Matte About You.


Then I stamped with MoYou London Pro-04 (and the same image from -06XL for my giant thumb) using Mundo de Unas Silver.  This is a great silver but beware that it can stain your stamper.  I added a coat of HK Girl which made it glossy again because I didn't want to smear the stamping.  I like how it looks like the stamping is just sitting on top the rest of it when it's glossy.



Because I was feeling all things matte that day, I used Essie Matte About You again to matte the final product.  Glitter toppers and matte are a great match, in my humble opinion.



As always, I'm undecided on whether I like the shiny or matte more.

I would love to hear about your guys' Thanksgiving/shopping this weekend.  I'm going to be stuck indoors all weekend thanks to the piles of snow even though it's my birthday this weekend (boo!) so I'm sure I'll be online looking for company :-P 

'Til next time...











No comments: