Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sponge-Free Rainbow Gradient Nails with 10.1 Polish Frosted Sheers

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I mentioned the other day that I spent a good chunk of last weekend playing with the Frosted Sheers collection from 10.1 Polish and I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was to receive them.  I use the Icing collection all the time.  I find they're particularly good for leadlighting because they're vibrant but still sheer jellies.  So when I heard they were coming out with sheers with a holo twist, I jumped for joy.  And then jumped even more when I was offered them to play around with.

The first thing I tried with them was this - a rainbow gradient.  And the best part is that, because they are jellies, there was no sponge (and therefore, no mess) involved!



This was really easy.  I didn't put a base color down or anything.  I just painted half my nail with one color and the other half with another color.  It took going over each spot about three times to get them fully opaque.  I think the holo helps them appear even more blended.  The colors I used here are:
Scarlet - pink
Pumpkin - orange
Full Moon - yellow
Evergreen - green
Ocean Mist - blue
New Skyline - purple (thumb)




I just happened to have receive my order of the new Born Pretty Store stamping plates on the same day so I had to test them out by stamping this image from BP-11 with Mundo de Unas Black.  I absolutely love how they turned out.




I'm sure I'll be showing you some of the other ways I played with this collection over the next couple of weeks.  I was going to combine them all into one post but I liked how these turned out so much that I wanted to show way too many pics of them.  

Check out 10.1 Polish's website.  I'm just showing part of the Frosted Sheers collection in this post but she has 5 other great collections available at the moment and even this collection has other colors that I couldn't fit in this mani.   If you're interested in just the Frosted Sheers, they can be found here.  And maybe give her Facebook page some love too :-)

'Til next time...

No comments: