Friday, October 3, 2014

Teal Gradient Dotticure

Hey there!  Well the 31 Day Challenge is over so I've decided to embark on another challenge.  This time it's the Crumpet's Nail Tarts 52 Week Challenge started by the lovely Debbie of The Crumpet fame.  This challenge is much easier.  Each week there's two prompts and you can choose one, both or combine them.  This week I unintentionally combined the two themes which are "teal" and "gradient".  While this isn't a traditional gradient, it is a kind of gradient dotticure.



I did these after my curling game on Tuesday thanks to my glue base coat working a little too well resulting in my nail polish falling right off during the game.  I guess my hands got too warm in my gloves (curling is way more work than it looks, trust me).  Since I didn't get home until after 11 pm, I wanted something quick and easy - enter the dotticure!


My teal base is 2 coats of Rimmel Sea Green.  It photographed way lighter than it was in real life so I darkened it in Photoshop so if it's not entirely color accurate, I apologize.  But I think this is pretty close how to it really looks.  


For the dots, I used OPI My Vampire is Buff and Zoya Flynn and Louise, three varying shades of beige/brown.  Topped off with a coat of HK Girl and I was good to go.


Is there a nail art technique you go to when you need something in a hurry?  

'Til next time...



No comments: