Monday, October 6, 2014

Inspired by the Talus Dome

Hey there!  You might be asking yourself "what the heck is the Talus Dome?".  Don't worry, you're not alone.  The Talus Dome is a piece of Edmonton artwork that has put that same question in the thought of most of us locals.  It's actually a really neat sculpture but it was expensive and placed quite randomly within the city so it was the cause of quite a bit of controversy here.  So why not turn it into nail art



When I was looking for artwork idea for the 31 Day Challenge, my friend suggested doing the dome but it got booted for the bird nail art I did instead.  I still wanted to share it here though because I thought it turned out kind of cool.   It's definitely more of an "inspired by" than a recreation of the original art.



These were super quick.  They start with just one coat of A England Camelot (yup, one coat...can you see why it's my favourite black?) and then a few dots with OPI Push and Shove.  All topped off with a coat of HK Girl top coat and I was good to go.



Like I said, this artwork is placed in the most bizarre spot.  It's in an area of green space along the major freeway that runs through the city.  It's just slightly down a hill so you can't see that the light post in the photo below is there to light up the busiest bridge in Edmonton.  It's cool but its location makes it look like a truck lost a load of Christmas decorations and just left it there.  



'Til next time...









No comments: