Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Stamping

Hey there!  Trick or Treat to everyone who celebrates Halloween!  It seems to be far more popular here in North America so I'm sure that those of you elsewhere will be happy to see the Halloween nail art gone until next year.  I could not figure out what I wanted to wear on my nails today so I ended up with some pretty traditional and simple nail stamping.




Since my nails weren't going to be super interesting, I had to start with a super bright color: Color Club Foxy Mama.  I wish my camera was able to pick up just how bright this shade is.  The photo looks carrot orange but it's actually very neon.  This is 3 coats plus HK Girl.


For the stamping I used two images from Bundle Monster BM-305 and Mundo de Unas Yellow and Black.  This plate is full of great halloween images but oh boy, it seems to hold onto fuzz like no one's business.  Hence the few stray fuzzies in my photos.  Trust me, it could have been so much worse...




In case you didn't notice, I have a different watermark on these photos.  I thought that updating my operating system had killed my Photoshop ability to watermark along my cuticle line but the very lovely ladies from The Nail Polish Challenge and Love Varnish figured out my problem for me (have I mentioned I'm not particularly computer-savvy?).  But this transparent watermark is sort of growing on me.  What do you think?  Should I switch?

I'd love to hear what everyone is up to this weekend.  Personally, I really like Halloween but not enough to actually do anything for it.  I don't have kids and I'm too old to party like a rockstar so I think I'll be sitting at home swatching the new A England collection that I got last night.  And that sounds like a perfect Friday night to me!  I'm such a hermit...

'Til next time...

 

No comments: