Thursday, September 11, 2014

Born Pretty Store Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  While I have a few extra minutes I thought I could take another break from the 31 Day Challenge and fit in this review of a few Born Pretty Store items that I received.  The items I have to show you today are pretty diverse...a couple of water decals, a polish AND a ring!


I'll start with the water decals.  I've tried water decals from a few different online stores but I have to say Born Pretty Store's are my favourite.  They come with enough to do at least one 10-nail mani.  Because I don't usually use them on every nail there's plenty to use for a couple mani's.  But the main reasons I like BPS' water decals is that they're flexible so it's easy to get them to lay flat on the nail and they dissolve with acetone which is particularly handy when you're using one of  the full nail decals and you're too lazy to cut it to fit...like me!  


The first decals I used are the retro flower decals (item 7828, style 2102).  I placed these on a white base and used 2 coats of OPI You're So Vain-illa with black studs on my other nails.  I particularly like the gold flower centres on some of the flowers.  Who doesn't love a bit of sparkle?



The other decals I used are the artistic vortex decals (item 15193).  I wanted to go with a retro feel here as well so I put them over a darker beige (Zoya Flynn) but in hindsight I wish I had put them over white.  Luckily I have a few left so I'll be trying that in the future.



The polish I tried is BK29 (item 4853, colour #29), a beautiful robin's egg blue.  I've tried some of Born Pretty Store's shimmer polishes before but never a creme.  I actually really liked this one.  The bottle is on the small side (8 mL) but it applied smoothly and only took 2 coats to reach full opacity.  


The last item I chose to review is a dainty star knuckle ring (item 10506, style silver 1).  I like the look of this ring.  Unfortunately it's not great quality.  It appears to be fully adjustable but it wasn't laying flat and when I tried to twist it a little, I broke the star right off.  But it's only $1.99 so it's not a big investment if you'd like to try it for yourself.  



If you like any of these items (or any of the other 1000's of items that Born Pretty Store stocks), please feel free to use the code below to get 10% off your purchase.  


'Til next time...












No comments: