Wednesday, September 10, 2014

31DC2014 Day 10 - Gradient Nails

Hey there!  The prompt for day 10 of the 31 Day Challenge is "gradient nails".  Well there is nothing I love more than gradients.  They are absolutely my favourite nail art look.  So it pretty much broke my poor little heart when my gradient turned into a failure.  And since I decided at last minute to go ahead with this challenge, I don't have much time to re-do my fails.  Instead I tried to save it with some subtle stamping...



Over a white base, I gradiented OPI The "It" Color, My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours, Koala Berry and I Vant To Bite Your Neck.  But because my nails aren't long enough I lost most of the yellow which is where the fail comes in.  I went and re-sponged more of The "It" Color on the tips and lost the nice smooth blended effect.  


For the stamping, I used Mundo de Unas Purple (#21) and the bird outlines from MoYou London Artist -10.



I think these look much better from far away than close up.  But I swear I'm going to make up for this imperfect gradient by doing a better one later on!

'Til next time...



No comments: