Thursday, June 12, 2014

Beachy Blue-White Gradient Nails

Hey there!  I told myself I'd start at least somewhat sharing my mani's in order of me wearing them because otherwise I end up with some looks I've liked that I never get around to posting.  But I couldn't resist sharing what I'm wearing now because I'm kind of in love with them.

It's really just a blue-white gradient but I kept adding to it and I really like the results.  I started with a white base (Sally Hansen White On) and then gradiented with Colors by Llarowe Waters of Belize (the turquoise blue) and China Glaze Frostbite (the darker blue).  Both of these blues have a really pretty subtle shimmer.  Here's how the gradient looked at first.


Then, using a white striper, I added some wavy lines.


I thought that was a pretty nice look but something inspired me to sponge over the lines again with the gradient colours to tone down the white.  Here's how it looked with shiny top coat (HK Girl).


I decided to break out my Cult Nails Wax That...wax effect top coat that I tend to forget about.  Well I'm going to try to remember it from now on because of this mani.  You can't see the difference so much in the pictures between shiny and waxy but, in real life, it really did change the look.



And, finally, I grabbed one of my Born Pretty Store 5 mm sea shell studs I had purchased after reviewing the 3 mm seashells and used nail glue to apply them.  That might be part of the reason I haven't removed this yet.  I've never used glue to apply studs before (I usually use top coat) and I'm afraid I now have permanent sea shells.  I guess I'll know tonight...



I've gotten so many compliments on these.  Usually people don't really pay much attention to my nails but every cashier whose checkout I went through this week said they liked my nails.  I do my nails for me, not for attention, but I have to admit that the compliments were a nice little confidence booster this week, while I was in desperate need of one :-)

'Til next time...









No comments: